httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Moon <a.m...@mdx.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Is Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really solved?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:22:59 GMT
Under 2.0.39 i found that IE generally failed to load PDF from the
apache server but i have now got 2.0.40 installed and pdf read fine -
i tried what you suggest and loaded a second pdf file but this loads
fine as do the third and fourth.  Perhaps its a config problem rather
than apache itself.  What happens under another browser like
netscape?
Alex

On 16 Aug 02, at 9:35, Christer Enkvist wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if Bug 10781 (pdf viewing in IE) really is fixed, I'm running
> 2.0.40 and from certain clients the following happens:
>
> When viewing pdf files originating from Apache 2.0.40 (as well as
> 2.0.36) servers the first pdf file will display correctly (i.e. the
> first after the Acrobat Reader plugin starts).
> When I try to view a second pdf (i.e. AcroRead32.exe is running) the
> first page will remain grey even after completed download. However, if I
> scroll down to the second page this page will be displayed as normal and
> if I now scrolls back to the first page it will be (immediately)
> displayed. Any suggestions why this happens?
> I've reinstalled the Acrobat Reader but it didn't help.  This naturally
> sounds as  a Acrobat problem but I have no problem viewing the exact
> same files when feed from e.g an IIS server hence indicating that Apache
> 2.0.40 does something strange (or at least differently) when feeding
> pdf's to an open acrobat plugin..
> Best Regards,
> Christer Enkvist

Technical Manager