httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Thorburn <immor...@nwconx.net>
Subject httpd.conf settings ...
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:57:07 GMT
Hi,

Its late on a Sunday afternoon and I'm drawing a complete blank... Over
this past weekend I've been playing around with setting up a test linux
webserver using Red Hat 7.2, Apache 1.3.26, MySQL 3.23.52, and PHP
4.2.2.  I was easily able to get MySQL and Apache running, but for some
reason I can't seem to get PHP to work under Apache.

When I installed Apache I simply did:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache

And in PHP's configure:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/php --with-apache=/path/to/apache
--with-mysql=/path/to/mysql --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes

Now I know I've got to add a command into the httpd.conf file for Apache,
here's what I've got now:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Whenever I try to load a PHP file through Apache though, it wants me to d/l
the file rather than running it.  It's been awhile since I tried to do
anything on a linux server - where'd I go wrong?

Thanks
-Tim