httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jimmy Lantz <jimmy.la...@lusidor.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: mod_rewrite and rewriting incoming %{HTTP:header}'s
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:21:23 GMT
At 17:11 2002-08-26 -0400, you wrote:
>Jimmy Lantz wrote:
>>Hi,
>>is there a way to rewriting incoming HTTP headers, I've read that I can
>>access them through %{HTTP:header}  and mod_rewrite
>>but can I change them as well? I want to rewrite incomming request
>>headers before they get proccessed by the system.
>>Is this possible? If so, how? The best thing would be if I could rewrite
>>"map" them. NB! This is not a job for mod_headers since the manual
>>states:  "This module provides for the customization of HTTP !!response!!
>>headers."
>
>In 2.0 mod_headers can also do request headers; but that means headers
>used by the apache proxy in requests to other sites.
>
>Perhaps we could help you more if you explained why you want to do
>this.  Essentially, you are saying that you want to lie to apache about
>what the client sent.  This is not a feature that is generally supported.
>Why do you want to do it?
>
>Joshua.

Hi, I'm using 1.3.26 with mod_dav,
the problem is that if I use rewrite I can change apache's directions on
GET's and PUT's etc, allright, but
with COPY or MOVE a  header as the below is set.

Rewriting the first I would like to be able to the second as well.
/ Jim

This example shows resource  http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/index.html
being moved to the location
http://www.ics.uci.edu/users/f/fielding/index.html. The contents of the
destination resource would have been overwritten if the destination
resource had been non-null. In this case, since there was nothing at the
destination resource, the response code is 201 (Created).
 >>Request
MOVE /~fielding/index.html HTTP/1.1
Host: www.ics.uci.edu
Destination: http://www.ics.uci.edu/users/f/fielding/index.html  [RFC2518]

  Destination = "Destination" ":" absoluteURI
The Destination header specifies the URI which identifies a destination
resource for methods such as COPY and MOVE, which take two URIs as
parameters. Note that the absoluteURI production is defined in [RFC2396].