httpd-users mailing list archives

From Per olof Ljungmark <...@intersonic.se>
Subject character set confusion
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:53:47 GMT
Hi all,

We are running a Apache/2.0.39 server on our intranet. This server is also
our Samba (2.2.5) server.
My question is, when users are browsing the samba-connected directories,
would it be possible to configure Apache to interpret our national
(Swedish) characters correctly?

For example:
A file saved as "åäöÅÄÖ.txt" will display OK in Navigator or IE or in
directory listings as "åäöÅÄÖ.txt", but if you click on the filename, it
will display as "%e5%e4%f6%c5%c4%d6.txt" in the Open or Save As dialog boxes.

All users are on Windows NT4sp6 workstations. Perhaps this is not solved at
the Apache end of things but I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you,
/per olof