httpd-users mailing list archives

From RichardH <richa...@wsonline.net>
Subject SSL validation
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:34:45 GMT
I was told there is a way to use HTTPS without having to purchase an actual
certificate. I know that it can be done by making your own certificate, but
how to prevent the warning from popping up on the user side every time?? Is
there a way to make it override on the user side without having the SSL
cert come from Thawte, etc. ie., with an internally generated certificate
(like a cookie almost) ? I was told this can be done via Apache but where
do you actually override their (user side) checks of the SSL certification ?

Thanks,
Richard Hutson