httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Kenna" <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: apachectl not stopping/restarting?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 06:46:12 GMT
Try doing a /path/to/apache/bin/apachectrl -k stop and see if that shuts apache down cleanly,
if it does it is something in the apachectl script that is gone adrift

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: james@jsquared.ca [mailto:james@jsquared.ca]
Sent: Thursday, 1 August 2002 1:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: apachectl not stopping/restarting?

Hello,

I'm using Apache 2.0.39 on OpenBSD 3.0

When I run apachectl to stop the service, the processes are still present in a 'ps aux' and
do not go away.  Killing the pid file seems to have no effect either.

I do not receive any errors in my logs unless I kill every httpd manually - then I receive
'Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run'

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thank you.

James Herschel
JSquared Network Solutions
(905)847-0799
james@jsquared.ca