httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suEXEC support after apache has been installed?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:42:28 GMT
Werner Schalk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> but there is no way to include suexec support
> in apache 2 after the server has been installed
> once??? This was possible in 1.3!

You can't do it if you don't have the module installed. You don't need
to overwrite the httpd binary; nothing has changed. But you need to
compile mod_suexec.so as well as suexec and install it to the Apache
dir. I don't think this is any different from 1.3.

But again, I'm really not sure why reinstalling scares you. It's just a
matter of "./configure --with-suexec ... && make && sudo make install"
and then adding that LoadModule line to your configuration. It's the
easiest way, even though nothing has changed but those two added files.

--
Scott Lamb