httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 07:14:55 GMT
Robert Andersson wrote:
> My opinion on the new subject prefix, is that it is little uglier, little
> messier, little less width, little hard to (manually) search the subject,
> but not too bad; I'll live. Still interested, though, as Greg, as to what
> people and/or software had problems with filtering.

I think none. Looking again at DL Neil's post regarding Outlook Express,
I think the "All" option means search all headers, which would work. I
saw that it's possible in Outlook. I haven't heard any other email
clients mentioned as not being able to do this. And the server-side[1]
filtering solutions I've seen definitely can.

In any case, I feel about the same way you do. I don't like it, but I
was outvoted and can cope. If it really bothers me, I'll do the procmail
recipe posted here, although my preferred email filter (sieve) doesn't
ever modify messages and I see its point...

[1] They're better! I check my email with different clients from
different places. Doing filtering on the client side would drive me nuts.

--
Scott Lamb