httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proposal (was: Administrivia....)
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:48:48 GMT
Ian Stuart wrote:

> Based on my experiences with other lists, I'd like to make this
> proposal NOW, rather than later, when this discussion has reached
> religious levels.

I think that level of bogon flux is unlikely to be attained; the
change has already been made. :-)

> I propose that we split this list.
> List one will be prefixed_users@httpd.apache.org
> List two will be unprefixed_users@httpd.apache.org

That's even more unlikely, due to the moderation overhead involved.

<moderator hat="on" audience="everyone">
In case people have forgotten, this list is run by volunteers
as a courtesy.  There are no "rights" involved.  There is no
democracy here.  There *is* a laissez-faire approach and a desire
to a) keep as many people as possible happy while b) pissing off
the fewest.  But when it comes right down to it, the list is and
will be managed as the moderators deem best.  No saving throw.
</moderator>

Sorry about that.  But when I detected the onset of flame fever
I started getting irritated and felt compelled to remind people
of some of the foundation facts.  Now that I've said it, I think
I'm more likely to be objective for a while. :-)

This is the second visible moderator action in the past few weeks.
I'd like to go back into moderator-relurk mode now.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"