httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:27:12 GMT
DL Neil wrote:

> The chief complaint against this proposal was to do with
> length/width (not that anyone explained this when I asked).
> So does the label need to be so long?

I'm certainly open to suggestions.  The requirement is that
it be unambiguous.

> How about something like [Apache]

That doesn't qualify, I'm afraid.  Nor does just 'users'.
I'm reluctant to do something like '-label-' because I
suspect some spam filters zap messages with a first nonblank
of '-'.  (Just a suspicion, canna tell from whence I got it.)

<moderator hat="off">
BTW, I'm more than a little disappointed at the lack of
understanding and compassion shown by some people who didn't
want the change.  They're the ones telling others 'use a
different mail reader' or 'use procmail' -- unhelpful
suggestions from people who are obviously technically savvy.
And comments like 'anyone who wants this is a moron' are
even less helpful.

Lighten up, people, and cut each other some slack.  Not
everyone is a) as good as you are, nor b) *able* to change
their environments.
</moderator>
--
#ken	P-)}