httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: content length header in ExtFilterDefine
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:56:55 GMT
Sebastian Wolfgarten wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the content-length is set and even correct because
> the size of the returned pdf document is exactly 2964 bytes.
> And I have tested it again...netscape does it,
> ie not :-(
>
> I assume the content-length is set by the apache?

Yes, there is a content-length filter that will sometimes set the
content-length for you.

I suspect you are hitting some sort of a byte-range request problem.
These things can be quite difficult to debug, unfortunately.  My best
guess is that MSIE is making byte-range requests, and mod_ext_filter
doesn't know how to deal with them.  If you can test that (by manually
performing a range request), then you can report it as a bug.

Joshua.