httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: reopened - Host: ignored ?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:10:43 GMT
Matus "fantomas" Uhlar wrote:

> I want to say, this bug has maybe something to do with ip-based virtual
> hosts, and that it seems if I define <VirtualHost _name_>, the given _name_
> is probably added to list of servernames (in addition to ServerName and
> ServerAlias) and that causes to match the first defined virtualhost, even if
> the virtual host doesn't contain _name_ in either of them.
>
> In documentation I found that <VirtualHost something> only defined IP
> address on which the virtualhost is active and even if I give hostname
> there, it will be translated to IP and the hostname should have no effect on
> hosts provided by this virtualhost definition. This seems not to be true.
>
> However, this is just my tip where could the error be.

I doubt that this is correct, although I understand why you suggest it.

Could you do the following: configure the server like I suggested using
either the IP address or the "*" configuration in NameVirtualHost and
<VirtualHost> and see whether or not that works.  If that doesn't work,
then you know your problem has nothing to do with hostnames in the
<virtualhost> block.  If that works, but the hostname doesn't work, then
you may have a problem with reverse DNS lookups on the server machine.

Joshua.