httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: UserDir without the tilde
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:55:43 GMT
Bob Dowling wrote:
>>You need to give more details about what your configuration looks like.
>

> The Apache system is being put together now, so it can look like
> whatever it needs to.
>
> We have c. 35,000 registered users which change by a few users daily,
> with big 5,000 user changes once a year and medium sized (c. 1,000
> users) changes once a quarter.  We are using the Novell nwhdir.c module
> to extract home directory locations from the NDS.

I don't know anything about nwhdir.c, so I can't help you with that.

But the first thing you need to consider is: do you need to also serve
content from the document root (outside of the home directories)?  If
so, how are you going to differentiate between a request for the
document root and a request for the home directories if you don't use
the ~ or any other string?

Joshua.