httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kris Verbeeck <Kris.Verbe...@ubizen.com>
Subject Re: Access to user's web pages
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:55:45 GMT
I once had a similar problem because I was using symbolic
links.  Those symlinks were pointing to locations that were
forbidden.  Are you using symlinks?

Milan Reznicek wrote:

> Hi everyon,
>     I have one silly problem with access to user web pages that are
> requested from www.server.com/~user.
>
>     In my httpd.conf I've put this:
>         UserDir public_html
>
>         <Directory /home/*/public_html>
>             There I left the original contents which where there from the
> Apache installation.
>         </Directory>
>
>     But everytime I try to get to these dirs I receive 403 - Forbidden.
>     I tried to change the owner to these dirs to apache (the user I'm
> running my server as) and also I change the access rights to these dirs and
> also files in to 755.
>
>     Could someone help me, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
>                                 Thanks Milan

ir. Kris Verbeeck
Development Engineer

Ubizen - Ubicenter - Philipssite 5 - 3001 Leuven - Belgium
T:  +32 16 28 70 64
F:  +32 16 28 70 77

Ubizen - We Secure e-business - www.ubizen.com