httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Cheshire <cchesh...@bigredwire.com>
Subject Re: denying access to a sub dir when parent dir has access
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:43:33 GMT
Thanks,

This works, sort of. It stops me from being able to use the access rule
of IP or password, but at least it allows me to protect the sub
directories. Its better than nothing.

Chris

Joshua Slive wrote:

> Chris Cheshire wrote:
>
>> This is working exactly as I want it to. However, for security for
>> tomcat, I want to do the standard locking down of the WEB-INF &
>> META-INF  directories in the context. Because of the order of parsing
>> the Directory, Location & Files Directives either of the following are
>> ignored completely when the access is satisfied from above:
>

> Actually, I suspect it is the "Satisfy Any" that is causing your problem
> since apache will not evaluate the host-based access controls if it can
> authenticate with basic auth.  Try adding "Satisfy all" to your
> restrictive sections.
>
> Joshua.

Chris Cheshire
Manager of Software Development
bigredwire.com
Email : ccheshire@bigredwire.com

     "Ambition is just an excuse for those that
     don't have the guts to be lazy"