httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rajeshwar <rajeshw...@india.adventnet.com>
Subject Please help me to stop Apache from console window
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:03:39 GMT
Dear All,

Please help me to stop Apache from console window, when it is not
installed as a service.

I have a problem in starting/stopping Apache 2.0.39 from the console
window. I have stated the details below.

1. I installed apache 2.0.39 in Windows 2000.
2. I started apache by double clicking the 'Apache.exe'
3. But now I don't know how to stop it. I tried to stop it with the
'Apache -k shutdown' option. On doing so I got the following message in
the console :

[Tue Aug 13 18:18:42 2002] [error] (22502)The system cannot find the
file specified.  : No installed service named "Apache2".

Note : I have not installed Apache2.039 as a Service. Also I didn`t make
any conf changes.

Kindly let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
P.Rajeshwar