httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: weird apache error (at least for me)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:19:37 GMT
the site I was reffering to is a graphics community site, average is 100
members online at any given point in time.
uploading images, downloading files ( from other servers) and posting in
forums ( threaded discussions) mysql backend.
using around 1000 gb of data transfer a month. ( a slow graphics site
uses 200 gb a month with an average of 30 members online. )

actually, you might want to think about process sharing, where the game
is on the users comp and is only sharing a smaller amount of data.
reduces your traffic and actually speeds the game up.

though you would have to rewrite the game to do so.

my current server is a p2 laptop @ 233 mhz with 144 mb of ram.
currently working on getting better connection set up. going ater an oc3
connection with gigabit transfer rate.