httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chenthil Kumaran I <ichent...@india.adventnet.com>
Subject Re: Can you successfully run Apache 2 on Solaris?
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:20:58 GMT
Hello everybody. It is my first posting.  I do face the same problem reported by
Marcus in solaris8 machine . But the same apache(2.0.39 source compiled) is working
fine with solaris7 without any user/group change.   And i could be able to port the
apache build in solaris7 to a box running solaris8 and it is working fine.

The work-around we are following now for building apache2.0.39 in solaris 8 is by
configuring apache with disable-thread option.  Something like ./configure
--prefix=/dir/to/install --disable-thread.

I am not sure of its impact on the server build this way.  Any clues for this
behavior?

Chenthil