httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leon Do <leo...@lucent.com>
Subject Re: help with startup httpd
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:59:23 GMT
Thanks a lot, I found the library libsendfile.so.1.  I don't know why it was missing on my
system (Solaris 2.8)

Leon Do

Boyle Owen wrote:

> >From: Nelson, Robert D. [mailto:RDNelson@Mail.Donaldson.com]
> >
> >It looks to me like it was trying to load a shared object called
> >"libsendfile.so.1" that it either couldn't find or didn't have
> >permissions
> >to.  Take a look in your "/usr/lib/" directory for this file.
> >Make sure
> >it's there and your user has read/execute permissions to it.
> >I believe this
> >is something specific to Solaris8/SunOS 5.8.
>
> The normal fix for this type of problem is to add the path to the directory containing
the library to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the shell in which you start apache.
In /bin/sh that is:

> # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/lib-dir
> # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> then start apache.
>
> However, the snag in this case is that I've never heard of this library before and can't
find it on my Solaris 8 system! Digging around a bit, it appears this is a library to support
a new function called sendfilev() on upcoming releases of Solaris. So, have you got some cutting-edge
module installed that uses this library? If so, you'll have to install the library first -
check out Sun for a patch for Solaris...