httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache Problem
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 20:01:42 GMT
Aaron Axelsen wrote:
> That's cause I removed the error 301 doc .. What is it about that doc
> that made it not work?

Don't know.  In general, using a 301 ErrorDocument is rather pointless.
  No user will ever see the content of this doc if things are working
correctly.  I'm not even sure if the the use of ErrorDocument for status
codes less than 400 is even really allowed.  I just tried it in 2.0, and
it does really funky things there (multiple Location: lines in the
response).

If you think this is a really important feature, you can post to the
apache bug database.  But make sure that you can get the same effect
with a very simple errordocument that is not processed by any php/ssi/etc.

Joshua.