httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: suggestion box?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 18:32:39 GMT
Paul wrote:

> 1) put a PayPal "Donate" link on the Apache website.
>    I've seen other sites do this, and though I have no idea how much
> they actually take in, I thought it wise; it's free money, and even a
> drip into the bucket adds up over time.

I'll forward this suggestion.

> 2) Please set up the Apache Autoresponder to include the original
> message when it sends back it's terse if generally reasonable response.

No.  99% of what goes to that address is spam, and we're not
going to make matters worse by flinging it back onto the net. :-)
If someone doesn't keep a copy of its own message, oh well..

> but when I wanted to donate, and then had a suggestion, I
> found that not only was my message never read by a human (which I can
> understand and accept), but that it was practically discouraged.

If you sent it to the human response address, then it's in my mailbox,
along with several hundred other like messages that I wade partway
through when I have a few cycles.  If you didn't send it to the
human response address, then yes, we don't have it.

> Finally, if anyone thinks it's a horrible idea, or thinks I'm out of
> line, I apologize. I just wanted it known, in case it would help the
> next guy.

Thanks for the feedback!  The donation aspect I'll pass along
to the right people, and it's hardly your fault the other one
is an issue that was battered to death years ago. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"