httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Tait <JT...@wyrddreams.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Detecting download success/failure from server?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:05:02 GMT
James Green wrote:
>>Actually, I do seem to remember reading something where you could
>>also log
>>the status of a request (probably in mod_log_config somewhere,
>>using the %s
>>token?), and it would write 'X' in the case of an aborted request I think.
>

> Hmm, must take a look for this.

OK, take a look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html in
the Custom Log Formats section, where it details the tokens that can be
used in a log format.  It states the following:

%...c:          Connection status when response is completed.
                 'X' = connection aborted before the response completed.
                 '+' = connection may be kept alive after the response is
                       sent.
                 '-' = connection will be closed after the response is sent.

I don't know for sure if this does what you're after or not... and if it
did, I'd leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide how best to
utilise it. :)

Perhaps a more robust solution would be to write your own module to perform
the relevant server-side actions on successful delivery, if that's an
option.  It's really not as hard as you might expect!

Cheers,

JT
--
| James Tait                         | ICQ# 17834893                      |