httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Beard <j...@cyberxape.com>
Subject Re: Apache error message
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:52:39 GMT
It just may not have started. Use "ps -ef | grep httpd" to find out.

It maybe that the root process is gone (contents of logs/httpd.pid).

You can use a command like this to shut it down:

sudo kill -TERM `pgrep httpd`

--Jeff

Jonathan R. Lee wrote:
> I have searched the archives to no avail:
>
> When I try to stop the newly installed apache_1.3.26 (just to see if it
> actually started when i told it to) I get this error message:
>
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop: httpd (pid ?) not running
>
> any clues
>
> Jonathan

Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com, 303.443.9339
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA