httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Warwick" <mwarw...@stwgtn.co.nz>
Subject RE: PHP 4 with Apache 2 under Windows 2000
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:15:42 GMT
Since you can't get to it over the net here is the section from the user
notes on the php manual - these notes are great every manual should have
them ;)

Any trouble with Apache-PHP configuration I have found is easiest
resolved by first checking PHP's manual - the majority of PHP installs
are with Apache so it is very likely that someone will have had the same
problem before.

bimal@bummerinc.com
10-Jul-2002 09:31

The Apache server 2.0.39
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/

Latest stable PHP http://snaps.php.net/win32 (check the log file
http://snaps.php.net/win32/snapshot-STABLE.log and find the line that
says 'Building php4apache2'. If there's an OK next to it then you can
download that version from the parent directory
http://snaps.php.net/win32 )

Install Apache server

Unzip the php4-win32-STABLE-snapshotnumber.zip, you'll get a folder
php4-win32-STABLE-snapshotnumber

Rename it to PHP and copy it to the root drive (usually c:\, so you end
up with c:\PHP)

Copy the php.ini.recommended file to c:\winnt (or c:\windows) and rename
it php.ini

edit php.ini in notepad as follows:
1. find 'doc_root' using ctrl+F and set doc_root = "C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs" (assuming you installed Apache in its
default path)
2. find 'extension_dir' using ctrl+F and set extension_dir =
"C:\PHP\sapi"
3. save it and exit

Move the file php4ts.dll from C:\PHP to c:\winnt\system32 (or
c:\windows\system)

Go to the folder C:\PHP\sapi and rename php4apache2.dll to
php4apache2.so (basically just change the extension from .dll to .so)

Go to Start -> Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.0.39 -> Configure Apache
Server and click on 'Edit the Apache httpd.conf Configuration File'

the httpd.conf file opens up. Look for the block of LoadModule
statements and at the end of the block add
LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.so

then look for AddType using ctrl+F and below AddType application/x-tar
.tgz add
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Save and exit.

Stop Apache and start again and you should be good to go.