httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CSU Internet Inc." <csuinter...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] PHP 4.2.2 w/ Apache 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:58:46 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing
problems with Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2.

I've compiled Apache with DSO support and then
compiled and installed PHP. After adding the 'AddType
application/x-httpd-php .php' and checking to make
sure that the 'LoadModule' line was added to the
config file, I restarted Apache and I can view both
.HTML and .PHP files without a hitch.

My problem is this: I'm unable to view .PHPS files. I
put in the line 'AddType
application/x-httpd-php-source .phps' and restarted
Apache but all it wants to do is download the file,
not show it with the highlighting. I created a .PHPS
file with the 'show_source();' function and that works
fine so I know that PHP isn't the problem.

PHP said that the '--with-apxs2' was experimental but
what I'd like to know is if anyone else had this
problem and if so, did anyone come up with a fix?  I'm
going to pose this question to the PHP list also.

Thanks for your help.