httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ven <venkma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache + DSL + Router + Beginner = partial web-presence outside router!HELP!
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 01:06:19 GMT
Okay I found out how to change the tcp window size:
 route del default
 route add default window 16384 dev eth0 gw 192.168.1.1

I'm hoping this looks alright in order to set the window size to 16384.
This didn't produce any different results either.
I also tried playing with the MTU number on my linksys router - still nothing.

What I did find, and was very curious, was that I CAN see some of my webpages
on babelfish!
Just that they need to be SMALL. So I started playing with an index file and
kept increasing decreasing until I found out that 1151 characters is the max it
can handle. Now is that a coincidence that 576 happens to be the minimum MTU
value and 2 * 576 = 1152?

ANyways, so when I said I can only execute scripts, that's not entirely true. I
also can't see script-outputs that are larger than this number. I didn't really
try it out, but the access_log, which is fairly large, won't display when I use
a script to "cat" the file into the page. On the other hand the other scripts
are generating much less info and have no problems displaying their data.

Hopefully this experiment provides enough insight for someone out there to
figure it out.

Thanks!
Ven