httpd-users mailing list archives

From david hawcroft <abrog...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] telnet to localhost
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:24:10 GMT

 Thanks for the reply Jacob,

  no, it won't work. There is something wrong. 'Cannot make a
connection to the host: connect failed'  something like that.

I've got Visual Studio.Net installed on my win2000 machine and
there's always been something wrong with it. I get four or five error
messages on boot up every time - all about 'unable to register the
administration tool discovery information...' , which I read up on
was supposed to be only because my machine is not connected to a
network... so I didn't worry too much...

  But the web server wouldn't start and that's why I went and got
Apache and installed it and I'm very glad I did...

 Maybe I need to uninstall the VS.Net thing... it's not doing me much
good... I wanted the Visual C and the Visual Basic but now I think I
find Perl and Apache servers much more interesting..

 But if anyone has any observations about Visual Studio.Net I'd be
interested in hearing them....