httpd-users mailing list archives

From david hawcroft <abrog...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] telnet to localhost
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:51:09 GMT

Having Apache on a standalone machine allows testing web sites and
web pages and learning and that's what I'm doing and trying to do and
I think it is just great.
But just how much does it mimic a real life situation? For instance I
cannot telnet my own machine can I? Or I couldn't when I tried.
What other limitations have I? Would I really be well advised to get
another machine and network the two in order to mimic reality?
(and thanks to the guys that advised me on the unix-ms scripts - I've
read everything I can find and I'll try again as soon as time
permits).

regards,
abrogard