httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to>
Subject Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:24:07 GMT
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 17:08:26 -0400,
  Michael <michael@asstr.org> wrote:
> 	You don't have to provide the prefix. The mailing list software does
> that for you. It also doesn't add the prefix if it's already somewhere in the
> subject line.
>
> 	I vote enthusiastically for the change. Unless you happen to
> have a graphical or colorized mail client when you join the
> apache mailing list you suddenly start getting lots of e-mails
> from people you don't know, some of which look like subjects
> related to apache and quite a few of which look like spam. Sorting
> through those to get to your personal mail is a pain.

Or unless you use inbound filters base on the recipient addresses or any
of several other possible strategies for filtering the email. I find it
much nicer to keep list mail in seperate lists that I can look at only
when I want to deal with stuff from that list.

However those of us that have nice tools available can strip the subject
prefixes out as well if we want.