httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: reopened - Host: ignored ?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:35:10 GMT
-> >I want to say, this bug has maybe something to do with ip-based virtual
-> >hosts, and that it seems if I define <VirtualHost _name_>, the given _name_
-> >is probably added to list of servernames (in addition to ServerName and
-> >ServerAlias) and that causes to match the first defined virtualhost, even
-> >if
-> >the virtual host doesn't contain _name_ in either of them.
-> >
-> >In documentation I found that <VirtualHost something> only defined IP
-> >address on which the virtualhost is active and even if I give hostname
-> >there, it will be translated to IP and the hostname should have no effect
-> >on
-> >hosts provided by this virtualhost definition. This seems not to be true.
-> >
-> >However, this is just my tip where could the error be.
->
-> I doubt that this is correct, although I understand why you suggest it.
->
-> Could you do the following: configure the server like I suggested using
-> either the IP address or the "*" configuration in NameVirtualHost and
-> <VirtualHost> and see whether or not that works.  If that doesn't work,
-> then you know your problem has nothing to do with hostnames in the
-> <virtualhost> block.  If that works, but the hostname doesn't work, then
-> you may have a problem with reverse DNS lookups on the server machine.

It works correct when using IP's (as we both expected, probably).
The same when using * in NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost *>

btw, the resolving is ok, DNS and hosts too (both return corect
informations). I really don't think that has something to do with DNS.

I run more virtual hosts on this server and many on home.nextra.sk.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot