httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: Virtual Domains
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:17:46 GMT
-> Whenever people try to access domains without the "www." at the
-> beginning, they get thrown to the first virtualdomain listed instead of
-> their website.  The only solution I have thought up so far was to add a
-> virtualdomain listing for every website.  But if you tried to access any
-> of their other domain names, it would do the same.  Is there any way to
-> default to a certain page in by looking at the domain?

That's behaviour of apache - first defined virtual host will access all
unknown hosts on given ip/port pair.

You can use ServerAlias directive for all such servers.

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.