httpd-users mailing list archives

From david hawcroft <abrog...@yahoo.com>
Subject cannot spawn child process error for new installation of apache server
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:39:57 GMT
I have just recently installed Apache on my win2000 machine which is
also running visual studio.net supposedly, though for some reason
that web server won't come up.
My machine is stand alone. It is not networked to anything.
Trying to learn to write cgi scripts I tried to run the printenv.pl
and got a message in the error log 'can't spawn child process'.
I wrote the suggested hello world perl script, too and got the same
message.
I've read enough to know that Apache spawns a child process when it
runs... so this much it can do....else it wouldn't be running...
I'm using 127.0.0.1 to find the server but it's also configured with
a server name: www.honey.com which I stuck in from sheer ignorance. I
still don't really know if it matters or not.
Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

regards,
abrogard@yahoo.com