httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Gia" <tst...@operamail.com>
Subject auth_digest not working?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:36:53 GMT
Hello, I have loaded the mod_auth_digest.so module
I have done everything correctly according to the manual.
<Directory "<somepath>/web/pics">
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Private"
    AuthDigestFile <somepath>/pass
    Require user friends
</Directory>

Using the binary htdigest i added several users and passwords. To
test the configuration, I used Internet Explorer 5.01 . It actually
worked fine from remote client. Next, I tried using Amaya, didnt
work. Next, Opera 6.05 gave me the message: "This URL is not in the
list of URLs that can be authenticated by the given realm. Cannot
send Authentication credentials."

Any ideas on how to make it work with any other browsers besides IE5 ?
Thanks alot,
Jack
Download the free Opera browser at http://www.opera.com/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/