httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject Re: Help needed - cannot access Apache from outside my box
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:45:44 GMT
Hi,

If it works locally it should work from the internet as long as you don't have a firewall
and you don't have some entries in access.conf or httpd.conf.
You could try to telnet from an outside server to port 80 (telnet 123.123.123.123 80) and
see if you get a connection.
If you do you could try it from the server itself. If you can't do it from the internet but
you can do it locally you have a firewall in the middle or apache is configured to deny access.

Jurgen
apache@squarehosting.com