httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject RE: weird apache error (at least for me)
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:31:40 GMT

If there is no TransferLog anywhere (or a CustomLog) apache should not be
logging at all (if it does - sounds like a bug - please report in the
bug tracking system).

If there isno TransferLog in a VirtualHost section; logging will go to
a globally defined TransferLog. If that is not present, nothing will be
logged.

At this time there is no neat way as far as I know to disable logging
on a VirtualHost level while logging on global level. Feel free to
submit a patch or correct me if I am wrong.

I usually do

	<VirtualHost...
		TransferLog /dev/null

or I use a SetEnvIf sort of construction.

Dw