httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: help with startup httpd
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:11:02 GMT
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:40:17AM +0200, Boyle Owen wrote:
> However, the snag in this case is that I've never heard of this library before and can't
find it on my Solaris 8 system! Digging around a bit, it appears this is a library to support
a new function called sendfilev() on upcoming releases of Solaris. So, have you got some cutting-edge
module installed that uses this library? If so, you'll have to install the library first -
check out Sun for a patch for Solaris...

I believe support for sendfilev() was added in the 04/2001 release of
Solaris 8.    Earlier releases do not support this system call, nor is it
available by way of a patch - the machine needs to be reinstalled/upgraded
with a more recent release.

FYI,

Zac