httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carrie Salazar <sala...@nature.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: apache 2.0.39 under NT large pdf file failure
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 18:42:58 GMT
I have exactly the same problem on my Window 2000/Apache 2.0.39
machine.  I find that if I try to retrieve some (not all, somewhat
related to size) PDFs that I get a blank page.  I downloaded a
newer version of Acrobat I no longer get crashes just the long
download and/or blank page.

I am beginning to believe it is a bug on Acrobat for PC because
when I view under the Mac they all load fine.  You can try it
out:  http://ecology.cnr.berkeley.edu/blodgett/compartments.html
--
carrie s.

> Most likely not apache.
>
> Retrieve the files off of the server and try to open them locally in a =
> browser. I have found that pdf's created with newer versions of Acrobat =
> and opened with older versions sometimes do this. Also test this on =
> multiple machines if you haven't done so already to make sure the =
> problem is consistent.
>
> This happens to me quite a bit, and have written it off as Acrobat =
> weirdness.
>
> Cheers,
> Sean

have to be compiled into the apache server if it isn't.