httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jurgen <apa...@squarehosting.com>
Subject mod_rewrite prevents caching of browsers
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:07:50 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a web server running and use mod_rewrite to automatically have subdomains configured.
I put the mod_rewrite directives in the <VirtualHost> sections of the server.
The problem now is that at least Internet Explorer stops caching files, which is especially
negative for pictures, which even reload when you press the browsers "Back" button.
As soon as I switch back to the normal 'DocumentRoot' and 'ScriptAlias' everything works well
again and it caches files.
I checked the documentation about mod_rewrite and even tried to find something on google,
but I found nothing helpful.
What I would like to do is to use the mod_rewrite as I do now, but I don't want to stop browsers
from caching. Is this possible and if how could I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance