httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Alexander <...@mail.thefriend.com>
Subject Re: Can't get apache to set expire headers
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:59:30 GMT
Emilia,

Are you connecting directly to web server, to a load balancer, or the
caching device.  When I worked with mod_expires, I don't ever remember
seeing the X-Cache: header added.  It makes me think that this request
may be going through the cache server and then to the web server instead
of direct to the web server.

If this is not going directly to the web server, what happens when you
request the file directly from the web server?  Does the header show up
there?

Scott