httpd-users mailing list archives

From farshid.dabesh-k...@bt.com
Subject RE: Running Apache2 (Windows) with mod_jk
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:27:10 GMT
I had the same problem trying to do the same thing on Solaris. As far as i
know mod_jk is not used anymore and has been replaced by Tomcat. For some
strange reason I just couldnt get Apache to work with the mod_jk module.

I recommend you use Jakarta Tomcat which is a web server in its self, and
then link it to your Apache server using Webapp.

Good luck

Farshid

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabai Yossi [mailto:Yossi_Gabi@icomverse.com]
Sent: 15 August 2002 10:21
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: Running Apache2 (Windows) with mod_jk

After configuring http.conf (Apache 2.0.35 windows) , server.xml
(jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3) , mod_jk.conf-auto
I have puted the mod_jk.dll under ../Apache2/modules/. when running the
apach.exe I hace recived the following:
"Syntax error on line 8 of
C:/Java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Cannot load C:/Java/Apache2/modules/mod_jk.dll into server: The specified
module could not be found."

Just for FUN I have configured to use the mod_jk.so and located it in the
same directory and got the expected error:
"Syntax error on line 187 of C:/Java/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Java/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-3.3-ap20.so into server: %1 is
not a valid Win32 application."
This means that the Apache can find the file in that location but OBVIOUSLY
I am doing somthing wrong in the mod_jk configuration so the mod_jk.dll is
not considered as a correct module !?!

PLEASE HELP !!