httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alex Moon <a.m...@mdx.ac.uk>
Subject RE: apache 2.0.39 pdf file failure
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:00:01 GMT
It is apache causing the problem as the same files put on a local
machine do open and they also open when put onto another
webserver that does not run under apache.  On this server the
same files download fine. Most of the pdf files were there before the
change to 2.0.39 and downloaded fine under 1.3.19.

On 7 Aug 02, at 12:04, Sean Correia wrote:

> Most likely not apache.
>
> Retrieve the files off of the server and try to open them locally in a browser. I have
found that pdf's created with newer versions of Acrobat and opened with older versions sometimes
do this. Also test this on multiple machines if you haven't done so already to make sure the
problem is
consistent.