httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Authentication users
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:16:00 GMT
If the two machines have different URLs (www1.site.tld, www2.site.tld) then the browser will
regard them as separate realms and will require two passwords. You can have the same user
names and passwords on the two machines (just use the same AuthUserFile) but you will require
two logins. So what you want is not possible.

Read the tutorial on authentication in the apache docs for more details.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Hotmail - Berlina [mailto:berlina_berlina@hotmail.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. August 2002 08:45
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Authentication users

Hi,

anyone can help me?
I will explain to you my problem:

* Im running two Apache Web Servers in different machines.
* I would like to use the same authentication users through the apache tool. I need to athenticate
in both apache servers, but with the same users and only athenticate for one time, the first
time.

Is it possible?
How can I will do it?

Advanced thanks.