httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: mod_perl installation with apache2.0.36 question
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:30:57 GMT
>From: farshid.dabesh-khoy@bt.com [mailto:farshid.dabesh-khoy@bt.com]
>
>Do you mean download the source for both apache and mod-perl
>and configure and install from scratch?

Yes.

I know a lot of people faint when you tell them to re-compile, but really it shouldn't be
so much trouble. The trick is to assume that you are always going to have to recompile and
so always make a list of the commands you issue. Personally, I always type them into an editor
first and then cut'n'paste to the command line. Then I save the file. That way it is easy
to repeat the process if you have to upgrade a component...

Once you've done it half-a-dozen times it starts getting easier :-)

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.