httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: Redirecting URLS...
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:26:05 GMT
>From: Matthijs Rohs [mailto:matthijs@rohs.nl]
>
>It's not on my own server, so I need to place it within .htaccess and
>not httpd.conf. What's the solution for that please?

I'm trying to figure out what you have here... Do you have a website which is hosted by an
ISP and you only have write access to your document root (so can edit .htaccess files). But
you cannot edit the server config? Then the ISP has directed www.rohs.nl to your site but
you want other variants to go there too?
(If so, you could have said so to begin with...)

In any case, the simplest solution is to use the ServerAlias but you cannot do that in .htaccess.
This is not something you can do yourself - you need your ISP to edit the server config as
previously described. so there is no "solution".

Think about it - if you could do what you want in .htaccess, you could hijack anybody's site
(just make www.amazon.com point to www.rohs.nl :-)

Rgds,

Owen Boyle