httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: help with startup httpd
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:40:17 GMT
>From: Nelson, Robert D. [mailto:RDNelson@Mail.Donaldson.com]
>
>It looks to me like it was trying to load a shared object called
>"libsendfile.so.1" that it either couldn't find or didn't have
>permissions
>to.  Take a look in your "/usr/lib/" directory for this file.
>Make sure
>it's there and your user has read/execute permissions to it.
>I believe this
>is something specific to Solaris8/SunOS 5.8.

The normal fix for this type of problem is to add the path to the directory containing the
library to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in the shell in which you start apache.
In /bin/sh that is:

# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/lib-dir
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

then start apache.

However, the snag in this case is that I've never heard of this library before and can't find
it on my Solaris 8 system! Digging around a bit, it appears this is a library to support a
new function called sendfilev() on upcoming releases of Solaris. So, have you got some cutting-edge
module installed that uses this library? If so, you'll have to install the library first -
check out Sun for a patch for Solaris...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle