httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: ForceLanguagePriority
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 07:40:43 GMT
>From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
>
>On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Boyle Owen wrote:
>> 	ForceLanguagePriority None
>> is equivalent to:
>> 	# ForceLanguagePriority <Anything>
>> i.e. it is a way of disabling this directive.

Actually, having a second thought about this, I realised that the directive has a default
setting of "Prefer". So commenting it out is equivalent to saying "ForceLanguagePriority Prefer".
Therefore the only way to disable the directive entirely is to say "ForceLanguagePriority
None" - hence the need for the option "None".

>As far as comment-out versus "none", I personally think that it makes
>things clearer to have a "none" option on directives.

As a general rule, all verb-like directives which have an active default, would *require*
a "None" option so that you could switch them off.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle