httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: mod_rewrite prevents caching of browsers
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:53:43 GMT
>From: Jurgen [mailto:apache@squarehosting.com]
>
>this would be an example:
>
>      RewriteEngine on
>      RewriteMap lowercase int:tolower
>      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/cgi-bin/
>      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/icons
>      RewriteCond ${lowercase:%{HTTP_HOST}} ^(www\.)?bpost\.com$
>      RewriteRule ^(.+)$ /usr/www/user1/bpost.com/www$1

Bang goes the "R" flag theory...

Returning to the original problem, there must be something about the server response which
causes the browser not to cache the files. Try requesting the files from the command line
so you can see the HTP response headers - anything funny?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

PS I guess you know how to do this, but in case not:

$ telnet server-name 80

GET /file-that-won't-cache HTTP/1.1
Host: server-name
<hit return twice>