httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: File parsing problems
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 15:41:44 GMT
Matthew:

Without knowing more specifics I would say that you have two issues here.
First, the web server is serving up files that are not called exactly by the
URL.  Generally this is something that is done by mod_speling.  This mod
will serve up a file that doesn't exactly match the URL but comes the
closest.  Many people find this a plus since it takes care of some
accidental 404's (especially those annoying case-sensitive problems).  If
you turn off this mod it should take care of that.  Also look for a...

 CheckSpelling On

...line somewhere.

The second problem is that the server is parsing all files.  Try looking
around for the...

 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

...line.  Make sure that you only have the ".php" extension listed.  You may
also want to check your mime.types file.  You should also look for...

 AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Make sure that you only have extensions listed that you want the server to
parse.

Let me know if this is helpful.

 ~ Robert