httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wick, Daniel" <DPW...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: SSI Enabling Problem
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:20:54 GMT

From: Telconstar99 [mailto:telconstar99@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:10 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org; Robert Andersson
Subject: Re: SSI Enabling Problem

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Andersson" <robert@profundis.nu>
To: "Telconstar99" <telconstar99@hotmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:15 AM

> Telconstar99 wrote:
> > Goodness, lol, I am lost. Like I said, I know just about nothing in
> regards
> > to Apache. However, I did some looking. I want to enable SSI for the
whole
> > server. I have this entered already:
> >
> > #
> >
> > # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
> >
> > # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
> >
> > # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
> >
> > #
> >
> > DocumentRoot "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs"
> >
> > #
> >
> > # Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with
> respect
> >
> > # to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
> >
> > # directory (and its subdirectories).
> >
> > #
> >
> > # First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
> >
> > # permissions.
> >
> > #
> >
> > <Directory />
> >
> > Options Includes ExecCgi FollowSymLinks
> >
> > AllowOverride None
> >
> > </Directory>
> >
> > I see an Options Includes part in there. Is this what I need in there?
Is
> > that the correct place?
>
> In your DocumentRoot, yes. But having / as your document root doesn't look
> good though, or perhaps I'm mistaken.

What? I don't understand.

As long as your server runs fine

I'm just running this thing locally, with a few pages. However, it's not
running fine. For some reason, now it's not parsing the .shtml files! When I
started Apache (and I have not changed a thing since I started posting here,
at least to my recollection), I received the following message:

"[Wed Aug 07 11:50:14 2002] [warn] pid file d:/program files/apache
group/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous
Apache run?
Apache/1.3.26 <Win32> running..."

Now, when I view my .shtml file, I just see all of my source code. What in
the world happened. If it's easier, I could just use *.html files for my
SSI, since I only have a few pages, and the server's running locally, I
can't imagine it would bog down or anything.

> otherwise, it's not an issue here. Is it working now? It should.

Working now? I haven't made a single change since I started posting....why
would it suddenly start working?

Otherwise,
> are you running virtual hosts?

LoL, maybe? I don't really know. How can I tell?

Thanks,
Tres London

PS: Really sorry that I'm not much help. I just honestly don't know much
about Apache.