httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodolfo Segleau <segle...@mechanus.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [OT] Mail Relay
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:16:06 GMT
> ----- Message from gerardo@laplaza.com.mx ---------
>     Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:08:10 -0600
>     From: Webmaster Comercio Electrónico Worldsites <gerardo@laplaza.com.mx>
>  Subject: [users@httpd] [OT] Mail Relay
>       To: users@httpd.apache.org
>
> Hello  to everyone, i have a question about sendmail security (sendmail
> 8.11) in a freebsd server. We're having a kind of spammer attack using
> the server as relaying.
>
> The problem we have is that the sender is the same as the rcpt so we
> can't block the domain. We have configure the cf file as that doesn't
>  allow the relay. but that appear doesn't care to the attack.  how can i
> block an IP address (the connection one) so the server doesn't allow any
> mail from this computer.

You can add the domain name or the user@domainname.whatever to your access file
(which should be under /etc/mail) and then makemap it so the entry is stored in
the sendmail database. You want to put a line like this (substituting the
domain name for whatever it is):

user@domainname.com      REJECT 550 Spammers shan't see the light of the sun
here

That way the mail is rejected from that one user (or one domain) consistantly
and will not effect you server (except in rejected mails).

HTH.

Cheers,

Rodolfo